Your privacy is something we take very seriously. We take great care in protecting your privacy and the information you provide whilst conducting research with us.
We are committed to meeting the requirements of the following laws and codes:
- The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Data Protection Act 1998 and the new Data Protection Act which will enact GDPR requirements
- Market Research Society’s (MRS) Code of Conduct
- ICC/ESOMAR (European Society for Opinion and Marketing Research) International Code on Market and Social Research.
It is not our aim to sell or promote anything. We conduct market research using rigourous methods and we commit, not to mislead you about the nature of the research or how the findings will be used. Your responses will be treated as confidential unless you consent to being identified or we have informed you of this prior to the research.
Our Research Invitations & Requests
We will not mislead you about the nature of the research or how the data will be used. If you are invited to take part in research, it will be because:
- You were selected due to holding a product with, following a recent purchase from, or visit to, one of the companies for whom we work
- You have given permission for a company to supply your details to a third party for research purposes
- You have taken part in previous research with Ragdoll and given us your permission to contact you in the future for research purposes.
If you have been contacted by Ragdoll and you do not believe you have given your permission or just wish your name to be removed from the database, let us know and we will remove you from the contact list for that particular research project and inform the relevant organisation who supplied your details.
Information We Collect
We will collect your information when you conduct research with us.
When we contact you, we generally do so for one of the following purposes:
- To invite you to participate in research
- To confirm the details of research you have agreed to take part in
- To conduct research with you
- To validate answers/views you gave in recent research we conducted (if you have consented to us doing so)
- To update and to ensure that our records of your personal information are correct (applicable to those consenting to being part of an ongoing community or panel)
- To notify you if you have won a prize draw that we administered or to provide you with an incentive for taking part.
The information we collect can contain your personal opinions as well as personal information such as name, address, postcode, gender, occupation, age, date of birth, email address, telephone number etc. We may occasionally collect sensitive personal information such as political views. However, in the majority of cases we will know what you think and not who you are.
Where relevant to the research being undertaken, we may collect business contact information, such as, company name, job title, and department.
We do not do any invisible processing of data from your computer. We will only collect and use personal information in accordance with this policy to the extent deemed reasonably necessary to serve our legitimate business purposes.
Ragdoll makes reasonable efforts to keep personal information in its possession or control, which is used on an ongoing basis, accurate, complete, current and relevant, based on the most recent information available to us. We rely on you to help us keep your personal information accurate, complete and current by answering our questions honestly.
Personally identifiable information collected will be kept from 6 months to 5 years dependent on the nature of the project that you have undertaken with us.
How We Use Your Information
The personal information we collect is:
- Combined with the responses/views/opinions of others who participated in the same research and reported back anonymously to the client that commissioned the study
- Used to administer and operate prize draws/incentives (further details on this use of personal information can be found in the applicable Prize Draw/Incentivisation terms
- Occasionally used to re-contact you to validate your responses (if you have consented to us doing so).
All of your survey responses are treated as confidential. We will never intentionally disclose your personal information or individual survey responses to the client that commissioned the study or any third parties unless:
- You request or consent to sharing your identifying information and individual responses
- In the rare but possible circumstance that the information is subject to disclosure pursuant to judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants, orders or for similar legal or regulatory requirements.
Who We Share the Information With
By conducting our research you consent to us transferring your personally identifiable data to other companies within the EEA only for the purposes mentioned above. We shall endeavour to ensure that your personal information is kept confidential and secure.
Processing of prizes/incentives from the result may result in your contact details being passed onto a third party i.e. Amazon, M&S, John Lewis etc. This would purely be in order for the prize/incentive to be sent out to you electronically and would not result in any marketing or follow up.
A cookie is a small text file that may be placed on your device (computer, mobile phone, tablet) when you complete one of our surveys. To complete a survey with us we will use a session cookie. This is a temporary cookie and is removed when you close the browser. This session cookie allows us to give your visit to our website (or one of our third party partners’ websites) a unique identifier so you can complete the survey. You can configure your browser to notify you when cookies are being placed on your computer. You can also turn cookies off and delete those you do not want. Please see your web browsers help section for information on how to do this.
Ragdoll maintains appropriate technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect information, including, without limitation, personally identifiable information, received or collected by us. We review, monitor and evaluate our privacy practices and protection systems on a regular basis. Only certain employees have access to the personal information you provide us and are only granted access for data analysis and quality control purposes. Ragdoll is not responsible for any errors by individuals in submitting personally identifiable information to us.
Your co-operation in any Ragdoll survey is voluntary at all times, and we are always thankful for your help. You are entitled to access the personal information we hold about you (which is known as a subject access request) and you have the right to update any incorrect information. Wherever reasonable and practical we will carry out such a request.
You also have the right to withdraw consent you gave for participation in one of our surveys at any time and have your personal details erased.
To do this, please submit your request in writing to the email or postal address detailed below in our Contact Details section.
If you have any queries concerning this policy, our website or our research, or would like to make a subject access request, please contact us.
Ragdoll Research & Planning Ltd, 82-84 Queens Road, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 1QU
Telephone: – 0117 910 2800
Email: – email@example.com
If you have concerns regarding how your personal information has been processed by Ragdoll you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) via the following options:
Website: https://ico.org.uk/concerns Telephone helpline: 0303 123 1113
Our policy may be updated periodically and the latest version will always be available here on the Ragdoll Research website or available at the point of taking part in online research.